Monday, April 4, 2016

TTM Success George Culver 8 Day TAT

I sent a 1970 Topps to Mr. Culver on March 21st and received back signed in blue ink on March 29th making this a 8 day success. This card came out great signed. I can now check off 1970 on my list.

I included some question when I sent to him, and he was nice enough to answer them for me.

1. What did if feel like pitching on your MLB debut?: Nervous, but very exciting.

2. Who were some of the toughest players to pitch to?: Willie McCovey, Lou Brock, Carl Yastrezemski, Roberto Clemente, and Pete Rose.

3. Who were some of your favorite players growing up?: Mickey Mantle, Don Drysdale, Sandy Koufax, Willie Mays   

Mr. Culver was also awesome enough to include this extra signed index card, inscribed, 7/29/68 No-Hitter Cinci-Reds.

Culver (b.1943) He played 9 years in the MLB for the Indians, Reds, Cardinals, Astros, Dodgers, and Phillies. He has a career 48/49 W/ L, 3.62 ERA, 23 SV, and 451 SO. He threw a No-Hitter on 7/29/1968 for the Reds against the Phillies in a 6-1 W. He S/O 4, and walked 5 giving up one run.


No comments:

Post a Comment